The EPA describes Volatile Organic Compounds as chemicals that evaporate at room temperature.? VOCs come from many products used in home. VOCs also occur naturally.? Home products that emit VOCs include; paints, nail polish, cleaning supplies, air fresheners, pesticides, building materials and even furniture. VOCs are released from products into the home during use and while stored.
VOCs also come from nature. Radon and formaldehyde are VOCs that seep into our homes for the ground. According to the EPA, VOCs cause eye, nose and throat irritation. They cause frequent headaches, nausea. Worst of all these gasses can? damage the liver, kidney and central nervous system.